AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelArt Deco Haymarket hotel in Sydney Central Business District, walk to Capitol Theatre
Popular property highlights
Located in Sydney Central Business District, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of Paddy's Market, Capitol Theatre, and World Square Shopping Centre. Sydney Town Hall and Hyde Park are also within 15 minutes. Capitol Square Light Rail Station and Central Light Rail Station are within a 5-minute walk.
A restaurant, a bar/lounge, and WiFi in public areas are available at this smoke-free hotel. Other amenities include self parking, dry cleaning, and a 24-hour front desk.
All 167 rooms offer WiFi, refrigerators, and coffee makers. Other amenities available to guests include hair dryers, safes, and showers.
Great Southern Hotel Sydney
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. This Art Deco hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, dry cleaning/laundry services, and an elevator. Limited onsite parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis (surcharge).
Great Southern Hotel Sydney is a smoke-free property.
- Limited WiFi (surcharge) device count 2
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour front desk
- Parking (limited spaces)
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 167
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 8
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Smoke-free property
- Off-street parking
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 10 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 10 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Parking (limited spaces)
- Free toiletries
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limited WiFi (surcharge) device count
- Number of bathrooms -
- Private bathroom
- Shower only
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:00 AM.
1903 - This buffet restaurant serves breakfast only.
Great Southern Bar - This pub serves lunch and dinner.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 10:00 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 24 for adults and AUD 24 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 10 per 24-hour period (2-device limit, rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 10 per 24-hour period (2-device limit, rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 45 per night
- Early check-in fee: AUD 20 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: AUD 20 (subject to availability)
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 2 percent
- Great Southern Sydney
- Hotel Great Southern
- Great Southern
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney Hotel
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney Haymarket
- Great Southern Hotel Sydney Hotel Haymarket
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work. Parking height restrictions apply.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian Star Ratings Agency, Star Ratings Australia.