AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelBoardwalk San Francisco hotel in Downtown San Francisco, walk to Ferry Building
Popular property highlights
Located in Downtown San Francisco, this hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Ferry Building and Embarcadero Center. TransAmerica Pyramid and Exploratorium are also within 15 minutes. Embarcadero Station is only a 2-minute walk and Ferry Building Station is 4 minutes.
A restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, valet parking, and a business center.
All 804 rooms feature comforts like pillowtop beds and premium bedding, while conveniences include refrigerators and coffee makers. Free WiFi and iPod docks are standard, as are flat-screen TVs with cable channels.
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. This 4-star property offers access to a business center.
A computer station is located on site and wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 72000 square feet (6689 square meters) include conference space. This business-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, tour/ticket assistance, and multilingual staff. Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Hyatt Regency San Francisco is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Grocery/convenience store
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built - 1973
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 6689
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 72000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 804
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 17
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Grocery/convenience store
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Pillowtop mattress
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
Hyatt Regency San Francisco has a restaurant on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Dogs and cats only
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Resort fee: USD 29.06 per accommodation, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 34 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 34 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.96 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
- Hyatt Regency Hotel San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- Hyatt San Francisco
- Hyatt San Francisco Regency
- Regency Hyatt San Francisco
- Regency San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- San Francisco Regency
- San Francisco Regency Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Parking height restrictions apply.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) guests.
Resort Fee Inclusions
Book a stay in any room or rate category and receive a USD 15 food and beverage credit for use at the Eclipse Restaurant (applied directly to room bill), rollaway bed rental for king room bookings (per stay), parcel delivery of up to 5 lb (2.2 kg), special San Francisco keepsake upon departure, retail discount/loyalty card for use at select retailers in Embarcadero Center, 15% restaurant discount at local select Hyatt properties, 10% discount on Big Bus sightseeing bus ticket, 10% discount on bike rentals at Blazing Saddles Bikes/self-guided bike tour through Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Bridge, 10% discount off Red and White Fleet Bay Cruise, and USD 15 credit for use on entrance ticket to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum included in the paid resort fee.
Full details provided at check-in. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.