AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelModern icon overlooks Bay, adjacent to Embarcadero
Popular property highlights
Steps to waterfront
The 17-story Hyatt Regency is located on the Embarcadero waterfront, across from the Ferry Building Marketplace, close to the Embarcadero Center, Union Square, and Moscone Convention Center.
Cylindrical glass elevators rise above the 17-story atrium showcasing dramatic architecture and water sculptures. Eclipse Kitchen & Bar in the atrium serves California cuisine including salads, steak, and seafood.
Floor-to-ceiling windows offer city or bay views in the 804 guestrooms, which also feature wireless and wired Internet access, 47-inch HDTV, iPod® docking station, earth-tone décor, and the signature Hyatt Grand Bed with pillowtop mattress.
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
The Hyatt Regency San Francisco stands at the base of Market Street, across the street from the Ferry Plaza and the Bay, and adjacent to the upscale Embarcadero Shopping Center. Plenty of dining options are nearby, and guests can catch the cable car right outside. Union Square shopping center is within a 5 minute walk.
Free WiFi is available throughout the property and Internet access in meeting rooms is available (surcharge). Babysitting/childcare is available, as well as concierge services, luggage storage, and an elevator. A work station with 2 computers allows guests to print airline boarding passes. The hotel offers 39 meeting rooms with 72,000 feet of space, as well as a business center with computer stations, copiers, fax machines, and shipping service (surcharges).
The complimentary 24-hour fitness center contains treadmills, exercise bikes, and weights. Guests also enjoy access to a health club with pool and spa two blocks away (surcharge).
The Eclipse Kitchen & Bar serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and is open until midnight. Guests can grab a snack at The Market, a cafe offering light fare and healthy snacks.
Parking is available onsite for a surcharge and valet parking is offered for a fee. This property is smoke-free.
- Express check-in
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Grocery/convenience store
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1973
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 6689
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 72000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Total number of rooms - 804
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 17
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Grocery/convenience store
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower/tub combination
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Number of bathrooms -
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Eclipse Kitchen & Bar - emphasizes a contemporary and sustainable approach to dining by featuring a menu full of local seasonal ingredients. Eclipse Kitchen & Bar opens daily and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
The Hyatt Regency's complimentary 24-hour fitness center includes treadmills, exercise bikes, and weights. Guests also enjoy access to a health club with pool and spa two blocks away (surcharge).
The hotel is adjacent to a waterfront jogging path, and is near a tennis and swim club.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Sailing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 100 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Dogs and cats only
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Destination fee: USD 29.06 per accommodation, per night
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 34 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 34 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 72.96 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 100 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.0 per night
- Hyatt Regency Hotel San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco
- Hyatt San Francisco
- Hyatt San Francisco Regency
- Regency Hyatt San Francisco
- Regency San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt
- San Francisco Hyatt Regency
- San Francisco Regency
- San Francisco Regency Hyatt
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Parking height restrictions apply.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.
Resort Fee Inclusions
Book a stay in any room or rate category and receive a USD 15 food and beverage credit for use at the Eclipse Restaurant (applied directly to room bill), rollaway bed rental for king room bookings (per stay), parcel delivery of up to 5 lb (2.2 kg), special San Francisco keepsake upon departure, retail discount/loyalty card for use at select retailers in Embarcadero Center, 15% restaurant discount at local select Hyatt properties, 10% discount on Big Bus sightseeing bus ticket, 10% discount on bike rentals at Blazing Saddles Bikes/self-guided bike tour through Fisherman's Wharf and Golden Gate Bridge, 10% discount off Red and White Fleet Bay Cruise, and USD 15 credit for use on entrance ticket to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum included in the paid resort fee.
Full details provided at check-in. Taxes and gratuity may not be included. No refunds for any unused portion of offer. Offer subject to availability. Offer is not valid with groups/conventions and may not be combined with other promotional offers. Other restrictions and blackout dates may apply.