AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelUltra-modern hotel, near Union Square
Popular property highlights
4 minutes to Union Square
The Asian-inspired Hotel Nikko San Francisco is located downtown, a 4-minute walk from Union Square and the designer shops of Westfield San Francisco Centre. Guests can catch a cable car 2 blocks south, and both Curran Theatre and American Conservatory Theater are right around the corner.
Sushi and a solarium
Guests can cap their day with sushi and cocktails in Restaurant ANZU, then head to the lobby for a show at Feinstein’s, one of the city’s top nightclub theaters.
Guestrooms hit a sophisticated note with contemporary features like 42-inch flat-screen TVs and iPod® docks. After a deep sleep in a Subarashee Yume® pillowtop bed, guests can check their emails using complimentary basic WiFi or download a movie (upgraded HD streaming access with fee). Junior Suites offer bay and peninsula views.
Hotel Nikko San Francisco
In addition to an indoor pool (surcharge), The recently renovated Hotel Nikko San Francisco provides a health club, a spa tub, and a sauna. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with basic complimentary WiFi.
Business amenities include a 24-hour business center. Event facilities measuring 29,000 sq feet (2,700 sq meters) include conference space. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance and a 24-hour fitness facilities (surcharge). Onsite parking is available (surcharge).
Hotel Nikko San Francisco is a smoke-free property.
- Rooftop terrace
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built 1987
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Conference space size (meters) - 2694
- Luggage storage
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 29000
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 532
- Television in common areas
- Number of floors - 25
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Free local calls
- Private bathroom
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room massage available
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (24 hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Down comforter
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe
Where to Eat
Anzu Restaurant and Bar - This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Kanpai At the Nikko - This lobby lounge serves light fare only. Happy hour is offered.
Feinsteins - This bar serves light fare only. Happy hour is offered.
24-hour room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool (surcharge) and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.00 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per night, plus a deposit of USD 150.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 50 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Deposit: USD 500 per day
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 35.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 65 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet deposit: USD 150.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: USD 30.00 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per day
- Facilities fee: USD 25 per accommodation, per stay and includes use of:
- Hotel Nikko
- Hotel Nikko San Francisco
- Hotel San Francisco Nikko
- Nikko Hotel
- Nikko Hotel San Francisco
- Nikko San Francisco
- Nikko San Francisco Hotel
- San Francisco Hotel Nikko
- San Francisco Nikko
- San Francisco Nikko Hotel
We should mention
Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.