AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelLavishly renovated historic landmark on Madison Avenue
Popular property highlights
Located at the corner of East 45th Street and Madison Avenue, the Roosevelt Hotel, New York City, provides ready access to shopping, as well as Broadway theaters, 3 blocks away.
The Roosevelt Hotel's fine-dining restaurant and club-like lounge offer leisurely meals and cocktails amid images of Theodore Roosevelt.
Period-decor guestrooms include contemporary conveniences. Desks come with upholstered swivel chairs, high-speed Internet access (surcharge), and clock radios with MP3 docking stations.
The Roosevelt Hotel, New York City
This Midtown New York hotel is three blocks from Rockefeller Center, the Chrysler Building, and Grand Central Terminal. Numerous Broadway theaters are also within three blocks.
Hotel guests enjoy helpful concierge service and multiple meeting services. The business center is fully automated and provides three computers with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). The self-service 24-hour Web Zone is also equipped with high-speed Internet access (surcharge). The property offers 22 meeting and conference rooms, encompassing 30,000 square feet of meeting space.
A complimentary 24-hour fitness center and health club contains cardio machines, a weight machine, and free weights.
Ground transportation: Shuttle vans and private cars of varying prices are available. They can be reserved during the process of booking a reservation for this hotel, via this Web site, and added to the total trip cost.
- Express check-in
- Rooftop terrace
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2787
- Hair salon
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 3
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 29999
- Banquet hall
- Total number of rooms - 1,015
- Number of floors - 19
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour health club
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 19.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 19.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Number of bathrooms -
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Daily housekeeping
- Room service (limited hours)
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Roosevelt Grill - Fine-dining restaurant with heavy drapes, photos and drawings of hotel's namesake, Theodore Roosevelt. Open for buffet and à la carte breakfast.
Madison Club Lounge - Club-like ambience with leather seating, gas fireplace, plasma TVs, copper bar. Starbucks coffee and pastries in the morning. Lunch/dinner choices such as pizza, pasta, sandwiches, salads, steak frites. Bar service to late night.
Vander bar - For those 21 and over, Vander Bar offers one of midtown's newest lunch stops and after-work watering holes. This contemporary bar has granite bar-top with flat screen TV's to keep you up on the latest news and sports. Hours are Monday through Friday, noon to 9 PM.
mad46 - From April through October, the Roosevelt's rooftop lounge welcomes evening and weekend diners in business casual dress. The lounge's menu is complete with signature drinks and appetizers. Reservations are recommended for groups of 6 or more.
Room service is available for breakfast and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
The Roosevelt Hotel's on-site New York City Fitness Center and 24-hour Health Club includes stationary bikes, treadmills, stair machines, and free weights. Located on the second floor, it is open 24 hours with room key access, cable TV monitors, and fresh fruit daily.
Central Park, 0.75 mile north, offers tennis courts, rowboat rentals, horseback riding, and miles of trails for hiking, biking, running, and in-line skating. Rockefeller Center's famed skating rink, three blocks away, opens in winter, as does Central Park's Wollman Rink. A health club across the street provides a discount to guests.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Deposit: USD 50.00 per day
- Resort fee: USD 40.16 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Additional inclusions
- Breakfast fee: USD 28 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 19.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 19.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 72 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.00 per night
- Hotel Roosevelt
- Hotel Roosevelt New York City
- New York City Roosevelt Hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel City
- Roosevelt Hotel New York City
- Roosevelt New York City
- Roosevelt New York City Hotel
- Roosevelt Hotel