AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelArt Deco hotel across from Madison Square Garden
Popular property highlights
Herald Square hotel
Rising 40 stories across from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station, this hotel is 1 block from Macy's, 3 blocks from the Javits Convention Center, and 4 blocks from the Empire State Building.
Just off the lobby is a restaurant and the 24-hour Tick Tock Diner, a New York classic. Guests can enjoy coffee and tea in the lobby.
Built in 1929, all 1050 guestrooms and suites at The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel are located above the 18th floor, and many have sweeping views of New York City. TVs include HBO and offer pay movies. Guests can enjoy amenities (included in daily resort fee) such as premium high-speed WiFi, long distance and international phone calls, business center access, and fitness center access.
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel offers a central location across from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station. The Midtown hotel is 1 block from Macy's, 3 blocks from the convention center, and 4 blocks from the Empire State Building. The Theater District is about 8 blocks north. Subway stations right outside the hotel provide access to just about all points in Manhattan and beyond.
The hotel's Tick Tock Diner offers a large menu of American favorites in an authentic old-time diner setting. Guests may start their day there with a full breakfast. Other dining choices include Trattoria Bianca, serving lunch and dinner, and the Café New Yorker, open from early morning until early evening for espresso, cappuccino, pastries, and snacks. Coffee and tea is also available in the lobby for guests.
A business center and a fitness center are open 24 hours a day. There are 7 meeting rooms to conduct any business function. Valet parking is available to guests for a fee. There are also concierge and wedding services, along with banquet facilities. Guests can also enjoy the convenience of in-room WiFi and long distance and international calling (included in daily resort fee). A dry cleaning/laundry service is available.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 1929
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2415
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 26000
- Conference center
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Total number of rooms - 1050
- Number of floors - 40
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- Cable TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Daily housekeeping
- Hair dryer (on request)
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Number of bathrooms -
- Pillowtop mattress
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
Tick Tock Diner - Serving retro-dinner cuisine with limited hours room service.
Trattoria Bianca - Serving Italian cuisine from 11:30 AM-10 PM
Butcher & Banker NYC - Steakhouse and bar. Open for dinner from 4:30-10:30 PM.
Nearby Things to Do
A roomy fitness center, located on the hotel's lower level, is open 24 hours a day.
Chelsea Piers, a giant sports-and-recreation complex, is less than a mile from the hotel. Fitness classes, swimming, rock-climbing, ice-skating, and golf are among the activities available on a drop-in basis (surcharges). Guests should check the Chelsea Piers Web site or call for schedules.
Central Park, about a mile north of the hotel, offers walking, biking, and running paths; in-line and ice-skating; birding; boating; and a host of other recreational diversions.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 25 per pet, per night, plus a deposit of USD 250 per stay
- Dogs and cats only
- 1 per room
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Deposit: USD 45 per day
- Resort fee: USD 37.10 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 23 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 70 per day
- Pet deposit: USD 250 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 25 per pet, per night
- Refrigerator fee: USD 30 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per night
- New Yorker Wyndham
- Wyndham Hotel New Yorker
- Wyndham New Yorker
- Wyndham New Yorker Hotel
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New Yorker Wyndham Hotel
We should mention
Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.