AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotel4-star New York hotel in Union Square, walk to 5th Avenue
Popular property highlights
Located in Union Square, this hotel is within a 5-minute walk of 5th Avenue and Union Square Park. New York University and Washington Square Park are also within 15 minutes. 14 St - Union Sq. Station is only a 2-minute walk and Union Sq. - 14 St. Station is 2 minutes.
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour business center, valet parking, and free use of bicycles.
All 178 rooms feature thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers, plus free WiFi, free wired Internet, and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Other amenities available to guests include iPod docks, minibars, and room service.
Hyatt Union Square New York
Hyatt Union Square New York features a 24-hour fitness center and complimentary bicycles. The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary.
This 4-star property offers access to a 24-hour business center and limo/town car service. This business-friendly hotel also offers tour/ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and concierge services. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
Hyatt Union Square New York is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-out
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built - 2013
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Free wired Internet
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 178
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Number of floors - 11
- Wedding services
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Rainfall showerhead
- Iron/ironing board
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Number of bathrooms -
- iPod docking station
- Room service (limited hours)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Down comforter
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 7 AM and 11:30 AM.
Bowery Road - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner.
Library Distilled Spirits - Onsite lobby lounge. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center and complimentary bicycles.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Golfing nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Golf lessons available nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at noon
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 75 lbs)
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Destination fee: USD 28.69 per accommodation, per night. This fee does not apply to children under 18 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10.00 and USD 30.00 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 68 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 68 per night
- Nearby parking fee: USD 68 per night
- Pet fee: USD 150 per pet, per stay
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Hyatt Hotel Union Square New York
- Hyatt New York Union Square
- Hyatt Union Square New York
- Hyatt Union Square New York Hotel
- Hyatt Union Square York Hotel
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, and asexual (LGBTQIA) guests.