AARP Travel Center Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelHistoric New Orleans hotel in Central Business District, walk to Audubon Aquarium of the Americas
Popular property highlights
Located in Central Business District, this historic hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Louisiana Children's Museum, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, and National World War II Museum. Smoothie King Center and Mercedes-Benz Superdome are also within 1 mi (2 km). New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal is 18 minutes by foot.
A restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and a bar/lounge are available at this smoke-free hotel. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, valet parking, and a meeting room.
All 167 rooms offer free WiFi, minibars, and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Room service, premium bedding, and free local calls are among the other amenities available to guests.
The Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. This business-friendly hotel also offers a 24-hour fitness center, a vending machine, and concierge services. Parking is available onsite for a surcharge.
The Old No. 77 Hotel & Chandlery is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Fitness facilities
- Concierge services
- 24-hour front desk
- Vending machine
- Total number of rooms - 167
- Coffee shop or café
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- One meeting room
- Number of floors - 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Satellite TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Room service (limited hours)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge on weekdays between 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM and on weekends between 10:30 AM and 1:00 PM.
Compere Lapin - This restaurant specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch, and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Tout La - This coffee shop specializes in American cuisine and serves breakfast and light fare. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4:00 PM
Check-in time ends at 3:00 AM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.00.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 60 per pet, per stay
- Up to 45 lbs
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per stay
- Resort fee: USD 7.00 per accommodation, per night
- Breakfast fee: between USD 5 and USD 18 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 42 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 60 per pet, per stay
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Ambassador Hotel
- Ambassador Hotel New Orleans
- Ambassador New Orleans
- Hotel Ambassador
- Hotel Ambassador New Orleans
- New Orleans Ambassador
- New Orleans Ambassador Hotel
- New Orleans Hotel Ambassador
- Old No. 77 Hotel Chandlery New Orleans
- Old No. 77 Hotel Chandlery
- Old No. 77 Chandlery New Orleans
- Old No. 77 Chandlery
We should mention
Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).